Vince Michael Photography:
California Photographer specializing in Portraits, Events, Equine, Commercial Photography
Site Features :
- SmugMug Photography Site
- Mobile Friendly
- Mobile Friendly Shopping Cart
- Variety of gallery styles – journal style and SmugMug style
- Center Navigation – easy to use
- Text pages – easy to use update
- Social Media Links and Sharing Capabilities
We had the opportunity to interview Vincent and here is what he had to say…
1. Why to you like photography ?
Photography, filmmaking and video is the only subject that has held my attention of the past 40 years or so–aside from my wife and son of course. In the “old days” it was the magic of the darkroom and obtaining the best Canon gear I could afford back then. At age 11, (1961) my dad built me my first darkroom–since then, I never wanted to do anything else. I still can’t believe a SD card, Photoshop and my Dell XPS-15 will do the same thing–only better! Lighting has always interested me as well.
2. What is your favorite type of photography ?
Creating a beautiful formal portrait in the spirit of the Old Masters. I also love horses, automobiles and the grittiness of photojournalism / street photography when I have time.
3. Share a funny story about your photography…
While photographing an automobile for a magazine, I fell in to a bed of roses. Ouch!
4. Share a photography trick or tip…
When I shot film, I always used a 85A and Polarizing filter. With digital, it’s now a few minutes with Photoshop CC 2015 to get the same warm saturated effect. Also, I white balance with a Expodisc wherever I shoot. NO AWB!
5. Why do you love SmugMug and/or jR Customization ?
SmugMug is by far the best program there is for selling what you shoot, or to just showcase your work. 20 years ago when I shot schools and events SmugMug would have been so much easier. jR Customization is the best in the business for creating a first rate SmugMug site. I’m in California and they are in Michigan, but after one call, I knew I didn’t want to work with anyone else–I’m very happy with their work. I’m double impressed with their customer service
6. What is your major goal or photography project for 2015 ?
More formal portraits or executive portraits. And stay busy with the magazine I’ve been with for 29 years. And I’d like to make time for more street photography–maybe a photo essay on a subject close to my heart to raise awareness.
7. How can readers learn more about you ?