Sarah Ciccone Photography:
Minnesota Photographer specializing in Lifestyle Portraits. I strive to take my creative skills and specific style to showcase the beautiful inner spirit of my clients.
Site Features :
- SmugMug Photography Site
- Mobile Friendly
- Mobile Friendly Shopping Cart
- Portfolio area – easy to manage
- Variety of gallery Styles – photo carousel and photo collage
- Left Navigation – easy to use
- Text pages with images – easy to use update
- Client login functionality – special ‘word’ assigned to each gallery for client access
- Social Media Links and Sharing Capabilities
We had the opportunity to interview Sarah and here is what she had to say…
1. Why to you like photography ?
I love how photography enables me to show my point of view through my lens. I have always been a very visual person and my camera is the perfect tool for me to describe feelings by showing them in a image.
2. What is your favorite type of photography ?
I love all types of photography but I specialize in portrait photography. Capturing those beautiful moments in one’s life or getting a special glimpse of their spirit is such an amazing feeling. I love being able to give that for clients letting them see how beautiful they are on the inside and the outside. Capturing the “real” them.
3. Share a funny story about your photography…
Back when I was just starting out, I had an engagement session where I wanted to test out some new “romantic” poses that I had seen in research…I was so excited to try them out but mainly ended up getting the reaction of “you want us to do what?” from the couple with embarrassed smiles. Still determined with my beautiful romantic vision for them, they were up for trying ( I love my clients). After a few failed attempts and finally our realization of how ridiculous some of these poses where, we were left with fits of laughter. It took a while for all of us to recompose ourselves for the rest of the shoot. I didn’t get those poses I intended to but the laughing shots in trying them were priceless! It ended up being one of my favorite engagement sessions simply because of all of the laughter. Talk about breaking the ice! I decided then to leave some of those “romantic” poses for “Vogue.”
4. Share a photography trick or tip…
Give your clients permission to be themselves. Give good direction at sessions and show the client that they can trust you. When they are relaxed and comfortable the images become natural and shine! This also goes for the photographer as well, don’t forget to be yourself at sessions! If your a bit goofy (like me) show it! If clients see you showing your true self, they will naturally follow by example and open up more for you.
5. Why do you love SmugMug and/or jR Customization ?
JR Customization has helped me build my first site through SmugMug a few years ago and now recently my new one which I just Love! I couldn’t be more happy with how they paid special attention to my requests and ideas and has so much patience through out the whole process. I don’t have any graphic design background, so they have been such a godsend! JR Customization and SmugMug have taken very good care of my site.
6. What is your major goal or photography project for 2015 ?
I am currently re-exposing my business as my full time job this year. I am so excited for this journey and can’t wait to meet all of those amazing clients!
7. How can readers learn more about you ?
Visit me or social media, or feel free to contact me directly.
• My website: sarahcicconephotography.net
• My blog: sarahcicconephotography.wordpress.com
• My Facebook: facebook.com/sarahcicconephotography
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org