Northern Virginia Photographer specializing in Portrait and Event Photography. Site Features :
- SmugMug Photography Site
- Mobile Friendly
- Mobile Friendly Shopping Cart
- Variety of gallery styles – collage style and SmugMug style
- Centered Logo and Navigation – easy to use
- Text pages – easy to use update
- Very Elegant look and feel
- Client Login Functionality
- Social Media Links and Sharing Capabilities
We had the opportunity to interview Jennifer and here is what she had to say…
1. Why do you like photography ?
I grew up with a father who never let a moment pass without first snapping a photo…so I guess you could say, it’s in the blood!
2. What is your favorite type of photography ?
I love photographing young children and families. Toddlers and younger kids have the best expressions and not a care in the world!
3. Share a funny story about your photography…
My husband is an active-duty Marine. One year, his unit hosted a formal event called a “Dining Out.” The Marines don their fanciest uniforms and the spouses dress to the nines. My in-laws came with us, so I wanted to get a lot of photos of them interacting with the other Marines at the event. (Also, the unit had come to rely on my to share photos after all the events!) As the guest of honor was speaking, I was standing to the side taking photos of him and others in the room. At the conclusion of the event, the guest of honor summoned me to take a picture of him and an old friend…he thought I was the hired photographer for the event! After a quick chuckle, of course I took the pictures he wanted, but my husband definitely didn’t let me bring a camera to the next event.
4. Share a photography trick or tip…
Whenever I photograph an uncooperative toddler, I struggle to get them to look at the camera. Sometimes, even mom or dad behind me doesn’t do the trick. So when this happens, I ask what their favorite show is, find it on YouTube, and play a clip on my phone. This almost always works!
5. What is your favorite/recommended piece of camera or camera equipment ?
My favorite piece of camera equipment that I own is my 85mm/F1.8. It’s perfect for portraits!
6. Why do you love SmugMug and/or jR Customization?
Until I joined SmugMug, I was sharing galleries with clients via Shutterfly and then burning discs of the images for them. This was a terrible method on so many levels, I can’t even begin to explain. Once I found SmugMug, I started to see what a time/cost/sanity saver it was, but it still didn’t look professional…enter jR Customization. They offered the final touches I needed to confidently share my website with current and future clients. And they did it FAST!
7. What is your major goal or photography project for 2015-2016?
My photography goal for 2015-2016 is to not let a day pass without at least picking up my camera. I’m fairly obsessive about shooting and immediately uploading to edit which is daunting. If I can get rid of that nagging feeling and just snap a few images every day, I will improve and learn new things.
8. How can readers learn more about J Goodale Photography?