Scott Wenstrom Photography:
Illinois Photographer specializing in Sports, Seniors, Portraits, Events, Weddings, Fine Art and Aerial Photography. Site Features :
- SmugMug Photography Site
- Mobile Friendly
- Mobile Friendly Shopping Cart
- Variety of gallery styles – collage style and SmugMug style
- Left side Logo / Right side Navigation – easy to use
- Text pages – easy to use update
- Modern / Elegant look and feel
- Social Media Links and Sharing Capabilities
We had the opportunity to interview Scott and here is what he had to say…
1. Why to you like photography ?
Photography has alway been in my blood. I got my start at an early age from my Dad who was also a photographer. I won my first photo contest at age 14, bought my first SLR at 16 (circa 1980) and got my first paid gig shortly after, a wedding for a family friend.
2. What is your favorite type of photography ?
Landscape photography is my passion, especially when I’m at my OTG cabin in the UP of Michigan.
3. Share a funny story about your photography…
More of a saying than a story, but certainly true; “The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your gear” It seems everyone is a photographer these days, and it’s difficult to stand out from the crowd, but great photographers always seem to find a way.
4. Share a photography trick or tip…
A great little iPad app I found that calculates all of the celestial event times based on a satellite map that shows the positions of sunrise, sunset, moon rise and set etc. I’ve found it valuable in planning trips. It’s called “The Photographers Ephemeris”.
5. Why do you love SmugMug and/or jR Customization ?
SmugMug is a fantastic website platform, I especially like the link to some great photo labs. My customers love the ease of ordering.
6. What is your major goal or photography project for 2015-2016 ?
I plan to continue my project of photographing all 200 named waterfalls in Michigan. I’m hoping to publish a “coffee table” book when finished.
7. How can readers learn more about you ?
My website of course!