We recently had the opportunity to work on the SmugMug customization and WordPress design with Tom Snitzer of Snitzer Photography from Illinois. Tom’s SmugMug site is very unique in that it has five themes/sub-sites within one site. Visitors can see a variety of photos – nature, sports, corporate/organization, theatrical and events of the Willows Academy. Each section has its own theme/sub-site – that is, colors, navigation, folders, galleries, pages, etc which provides the site visitor with an unique look/feel all within one SmugMug site!
Site Features :
- SmugMug Photography Site
- Mobile Friendly
- Example area – easy to manage
- Variety of gallery Styles – photo carousel and photo collage
- Top Navigation – easy to use
- Text pages with images – easy to use update
- Social Media Links and Sharing Capabilities
- Five themes/sub-sites within one site/li>
We had the opportunity to interview Tom :
1. Why to you like photography ?
The adage that a picture is worth a thousand words is very true. I’m able to help my corporate and sport clients convey ideas about their business that can’t always be believably conveyed in words.
2. What is your favorite type of photography ?
I’ve been shooting for over 45 years. Variety is the spice of life and a way I stay engaged and enthused about my work. I plan 4-5 trips each year to new locals to keep my nature photography fresh/challenging which is a good compliment to my other commercial work.
3. Share a funny story about your photography…
I got roped into shooting a mother daughter luncheon for a big client. The idea of being locked up with 300 women for 2 1/2 hours sounded like the assignment from hell. Turned out being a hoot…I set up a mobile studio with studio strobes and backdrops at the lunch. I had 300,000 views that evening after I posted the pics! Sometimes, the oddest assignments bring on the best results.
4. Share a photography trick or tip…
Nature photography (mountainous areas)…start hike early, before the sun comes up. You’ll have great sunsets and the trail to yourself. Also you’ll usually be climbing when it’s cool and avoid sweltering in the mid day sun…more fund to decend when its warming!
5. Why do you love SmugMug and/or jR Customization ?
Important to “dress British”. If you want your work to grab attention, you need to present a professional looking innovative website. Great websites plus great imagery equals “getting hired”.
6. What is your major goal or photography project for 2015 ?
Looking forward to push my physical limits climbing and bringing back some memorial pics in Yosemite, Kings Canyon and the Cascades this summer!
7. How can readers learn more about you ?